Sunday, April 1, 2012

blog backup: valentines day! (not an april fool's joke)

hello lovely,
yes. you read correctly. this is no april fool's joke. i am just now blogging about valentine's day. isn't that sad? i've just been so busy i haven't taken photos off my camera. luckily i did remember to at least take photos of the sweet things around me for the past few months. other backed up blogs coming up: roommate reunion skirt making, my first wedding veil, beaver wine and crafting session, and a few "bits & pieces" of our house as of late. so, back to valentine's day. i love giftwrap. it is one of my favorite things. so, for valentine's day i set up a sweet little package for my honey. this year was our first valentine's day as husband and wife. it was very simple. we ate falafel at home and watched a movie. i got niles a harmonica because i'm trying to turn him from electronic rocker to folk singer. he got me a coupon good for one 30 min long massage from him and benjamin button on bluray. (one of my most favorite films) it was a sweet way to spend the halmark holiday without spending too much money.
here are a few pictures. i will also leave you with my favorite quote from that film. i have this one up at my desk at work and read it often.


"For what it's worth: it's never too later or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you'r not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."


xoxo,
alyssa renee



our valentine's we got in the mail on display


valentine making supplies


niles' gift all wrapped up



i hope you see things that startle you...


valentine's from my coworkers 


this wasn't my valentine' but it was too pretty not to share. a beautiful rose my coworker had on her desk. so lovely!

hope you feel loved today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment